Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Original Play as a Sacred Practice - Awaken the Spirit of Play Within

Playing by Heart: The Vision and Practice of Belonging

 "Play is when you don't know you are different from another."

                              Fred Donaldson

Over the months of creating Matrix Magic Playbook, I realized that one of the most fundamental,  transformational aspects of  playing with the book would be to engage with it in the spirit of play. Play opens our hearts, connects us with our true self and the greater whole.  The spirit of play is alive, but we have forgotten how to engage it.

I remember how, as a child, I spent hours in nature, running barefoot, climbing trees, digging in the dirt.  The outdoors was my best playmate.  This playmate didn't judge, it was always there for me, it made me feel safe, and with it I could share all my secrets and cry all my tears. Play in nature connected me to myself and to something greater. It was truly my greatest and best childhood friend and ally.

Somewhere along the way, I forgot how to play.  I became lost in the concrete jungle and began taking myself way too seriously.  Play gave way to making my way in the world according to cultural convention.  I became disconnected.

Essential to our spiritual growth and new earth manifestation is  our re-connection to play.  When we were children we didn't go out to play and plan to be transformed, uplifted, or healed.  It just happened.  Play is truly a part of our natural state and it is time we turn around, lighten up, and allow the spirit of play to awaken within us.  Let's ride on the magic carpet of  re-discovering how to play

 I would like to introduce you to Fred Donaldson.  About Fred Donaldson  and his play.

Original Play Northwest

No comments:

Post a Comment